Saturday, October 18, 2014

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Undoubtedly, our beliefs and thoughts do greatly effect both our perceptions and emotions, and the reverse is true.  They are all intertwined and interdependent.

Consider the following thought/belief, attributed by Lewis Richmond to the Dalai Lama:

"If someone shows genuine love and compassion toward fellow human brothers and sisters, and toward the Earth itself, then I think we can be sure that that person truly demonstrates love for God."

So, minding my own business, with no ill will towards others, today I tend my garden, take a long walk, play with my dog, laugh, and sit in the sun and read.  So, have I demonstrated, in a small way, love for God? 

Aging Well:  Recommended Readings, Quotes, and Resources

Living the Good Life: Principles, Recommendations, Wisdom


Namaste! 




No comments:

Post a Comment