Tuesday, November 04, 2014

I Really Don't Know Life at All

Both Sides Now
Lyrics and music by Joni Mitchell, 1969

"Rows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air and feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun, they rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done but clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow it's cloud illusions that I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
Moons and Junes and ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel when every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way
But now it's just another show, you leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care don't let them know, don't give yourself away
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take and still somehow it's love's illusions that I recall
I really don't know what love's about at all
Tears and fears and feelin' proud
To say to someone I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way, sometimes I still do
Now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads and they tell me that I have changed, well I have
Something's lost but something's gained in livin' every day
I've looked at love from both sides now
From up and down and give and take
From win and lose and still somehow it's love's illusions that I recall
I really don't know, I really don't know."


No comments:

Post a Comment