Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cloud Hands Blog Usage

The Cloud Hands Blog has now served up over 500,000 page views of blog posts to readers from around the world.  In July of 2014, it had served up a total of 400,000 page views.

I have made 2,031 posts to this Cloud Hands Blog.  My first post to the Cloud Hands Blog was made on October 26, 2005.   

There were 12,425 page views of the Cloud Hands Blog in the last month, and 419 page views yesterday.  There are now 99 persons that follow this blog by email. 

I have had some positive feedback and awards for the Cloud Hands Blog


Thank you very much to all those persons that have read the posts to this blog.  


Last year, I added a Translate button at the top of the right sidebar so that non-English readers can read the post in the language of their choice, albeit within the limitations of automatic machine translations.


I use Blogger for a number of reasons.  First, blogging provides a permanent record of one's written contributions with backup files.  Second, your posts can be indexed in a variety of ways.  Third, it provides a useful and flexible structure for linking to other related websites and blogs.  Fourth, people can subscribe to your posts via an email blog aggregator.  Fifth, your posts and content links are added automatically and immediately to the Google and Bing indexes.  Sixth, you can display photos, graphics, and UTube embeds in your blog.  Seventh, web publishers can use their blog to create a alternative front-end index to their other websites and webpages.  Eight, it serves as my readily available online notebook. 

The nice aspect of any Blogger blog is the fact that all posts are thoroughly indexed by topics shown in the lower right side bar.  The blog has a search box at the top left hand corner of the blog that provides full access to all past posts.  Also, there are links in the right sidebar to other blogs and webpages by others that are worth exploring and reading.




My Cloud Hands Blog is primarily a online vehicle for referring people to my hundreds of webpages with specific, extensive, and focused content on subjects of interest to me, and updating my readers on the webpages I am currently creating or improving.  Links in each post point to relevant material in my webpages on a particular subject. A partial index to my many webpages can be found at Green Way Research

I have been creating webpages at the Spirit of Gardening website since 1999.  Over 31 million webpages were served to people all around the world from the Spirit of Gardening website from 1999-2015. 
I use BlueHost for hosting my webpages. 


I have been creating webpages at Green Way Research since 2001.  Each year over 1 million webpages are served up from the Cloud Hands website which includes Cloud Hands Taijiquan, Valley Spirit Qigong, Ripening Peaches: Taoist Studies and Practices, A Philosopher's Notebooks, The Good Life, and One Old Druid's Final Journey

Over 4,100 persons have written to me since 1999 to tell me how these hundreds of webpages have provided them with enjoyment, inspiration, information, and insights; or, to ask me questions.   


My main webpage efforts in 2014 had been weekly work on the 81 Chapters of the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu.  By June of 2014, I completed adding 16 English language translations for each Chapter, two Spanish language translations for each of the 81 chapters of the Daodejing, and indexing by Spanish language terms for all the Chapters.  Each Friday, I submit a post on the Daodejing to the Cloud Hands Blog

In 2015, my reading, research, and writing will be focused on on embodied cognition, pragmatism, metaphors, fitness practices, and the senses

Hopefully, posts to this blog will benefit my readers in some positive way, lead to discovering other mind-body fitness options they might explore, and providing a little insight on topics of mutual interest.

Yes, I do repeat previous blog posts.  Few busy people have the time to post original material each day unless the blog is a steady source of income for them. Since I am semi-retired and still work two part-time jobs for 30 hours total each week, and exercise six days a week, my time available for original creative writing is somewhat limited.  Also, I focus on a more limited set of topics, and seldom comment on current events unless it is relevant to local personal situations surrounding my various practices, e.g., gardening, seasons, body-mind arts, etc.. 


I recently upgraded my computer to a new HP Pavillion desktop computer running Windows 8.1.  I moved all my software and files over to the new computer.  I am now using the Microsoft Office Suite 2007.  In the past, I used the Microsoft Office Suite 2003 running on Windows XP on a Gateway desktop computer.  I purchased a number of good low priced used books from Amazon about the Microsoft Office Suite 2007. I also use Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and other software programs.  We also use a portable computer and tablet computer in various locations around our home.  



No comments:

Post a Comment