Wednesday, July 29, 2020

I Went Out Walking and Wondering

"Looking for your light,
 I went out:
 it was like a sudden dawn
 of a million million suns,
 a ganglion of lightnings
 for my wonder.
 O Lord of Caves,
 if you are light
 there can be no metaphor."
 -  Allama Prabhu
 

"With the first step, the number of shapes the walk might take is infinite, but then the walk begins to define itself as it goes along, though freedom remains total with each step: any tempting side road can be turned into an impulse, or any wild patch of woods can be explored.  The pattern of the walk is to come true, is to be recognized, discovered."
-  A.R. Ammons, A Poem is a Walk


 
"When I would re-create myself, I seek the darkest wood, the thickest and most interminable and to the citizen, most dismal, swamp.  I enter as a sacred place, a Sanctum sanctorum.  There is the strength, the marrow, of Nature."
-  Henry David Thoreau, Walking , 1851



Compiled by Mike Garofalo







No comments:

Post a Comment